Photo Credit: Tim-Hoggarth
Without a doubt, makeup is a crucial part of every glam look and any Fashionista worth her salt will tell you that it gives an immense boost to her self esteem. Those smoky smoldering eyes, crimson painted lips and the shimmery glam look can only be achieved with top notch cosmetic products and with the help of the best makeup brushes.
In today’s competitive society a woman that manages to project a great image of herself, will always make a great impression. People not only want to feel good inside, but they also want to look good outside. However, the expression: beauty only lies in the eyes of the beholder, certainly has not considered the fact that a person’s good looks can hold the balance in their favor. So, in an armory of weapons that can recreate a femme fatales come-hither look, a woman’s perfect makeup brush kit will always stand tall and proud.
A seasoned enthusiast might cling on to her favorite set of makeup brushes, but she will only settle for those that bring out the best in her. So if you are someone who breathes glamour just for the mere thrill and pleasure of it, knowing which type of makeup brush sets to select and what it should contain is a road you definitely have to take.
We all know that the best makeup brushes are MAC, Sigma, Bobbi Brown, but you can find some high quality brushes at a lower price like: Coastal Scent or Bdellium.
Basically a makeup brush is a tool with bristles used to conveniently apply makeup on the face. The bristles can be made out of natural or synthetic materials while the handle is usually fashioned out of plastic or wood. Makeup brushes come in a large variety of shapes and sizes and their brush tips can be angular, chiseled, straight or tapered. Depending on the area of application makeup brushes can be divided into three types: for face, eyes and lips. Let’s explore these varieties and see what your makeup brush set must absolutely contain:
Makeup brushes for the face:
1) Concealer: Like the name suggests it helps you to cover blemishes and targeted spots.
2) Blush brush: It is used to apply the blusher on the hollow of your cheeks and needs to be applied with light gentle strokes.
3) Contour/Bronzer brush: If you are trying to achieve the long chiseled look, this brush can be used to apply Bronzers on the contour of your cheeks, sides of chin and forehead. A darker color of blush can be added to accentuate the look. However, take care to keep separate contour brushes for different colors of blushes.
4) Powder brushes: For that last hitch on your makeup “tour de force” you might need to apply compact powder with a brush to attain a professional finish. The smaller brushes can help to apply powder in and around the eyes, while the bigger ones can be used on the eyes, forehead, nose and the chin.
5) Smudge brush: This is a great brush for some natural smudged effect of shadows under the eyeliners or lower rims. When using bold and bright colors for a lipstick, this can be used to smudge lip liners to get that naturally edged look.
6) Kabuki brush: Sometimes also called the mushroom brush it has a short body and dense bristles. The brush head is often rounded and sometimes flat. Its name was derived from the traditional Japanese Kabuki dramas where actors apply the powdered rice paste on their faces.
Makeup brushes for the eyes:
1) Eye shadow brush: This brush is used to create a defined line on the crease with its tip, and also to apply color on the lids.
2) Eyebrow brush: The bald spots in the eyebrows are filled and hair directed to give a cleaner appearance to the face.
3) Pencil brush: This comes in many shapes and has soft bristles that blend out any harsh lines below the brow bone. The dark circles and bags under the eyes can be hidden by blending the concealer.
4) Bent liner brush: This brush has a bent head that glides with ease on top of lashes and is designed specifically for applying gel eyeliners.
5) Shadow blending brush: It helps to blend in the eye shadow on the lids very professionally by fading in colors onto each other. If you want to pull off that hot, smoky look, this brush is definitely a must in your makeup brush set.
6) Stiff eye shadow brush: This brush is very good for applying eye shadows as it takes in lots of color and they can be applied in such a way that the color stays longer.